Pages

Saturday, October 14, 2017

My Anti-Bucket List


Hey everyone!

Did you know that this is my 150th post? Me neither, until I looked at the numbers. I lost track of how many times I’ve posted and 150 has just come out of nowhere, you know? I’m not doing anything special to celebrate, though, since I’m so busy with uni stuff (which I’m currently procrastinating from doing by writing this. I’m still being productive, right?). I’m a bit scared of doing a giveaway because I’m not entirely sure how they work and I also have nothing to give away nor any money to buy something to give away. Instead of that, I thought I’d tell you about some things I never ever want to do in my entire life. An anti-bucket list, if you will.

    1.  I never want to go skydiving.

I don’t see the appeal in jumping out of a plane. I am a generally anxious person and putting me in a situation where I could die heightens it beyond belief. What if the parachute doesn’t work? What if the plane crashes? What if I land weirdly and injure myself and/or die? Why would you jump out of a perfectly functional plane when you can just, you know, not?

    2.  I never want to go bungee jumping.

Why would you willingly throw yourself off a bridge? That does not sound like my idea of fun. I know some people find this very fun and exciting, but what if the rope snaps? What if you drop too far and hit your head at the bottom?

    3.  I never want to lose my love for reading.

That would absolutely crush me. I would hate to hate reading and struggle to understand the people that do. I already know people who hate Harry Potter, which makes me really sad. I also know people who don’t read. One of them said, “What’s the point of reading if there aren’t any pictures?”. Also, I was just reminded of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone movie where Hermione says, “Honestly, don’t you two read?”.

    4.  I never want to go to prison.

Not that I’ve done anything to get me there, but I’d hate to imagine little tiny me in a prison with big scary lawbreakers. What would I even do to go to prison? I’m one of the most goody-goody people I know. I’d probably end up going to jail for something really stupid. Or straight up murder. For hating books, obviously.

    5.  I never want to watch a horror movie.

My mind already assumes everything that goes bump in the night to be a demon. I don’t need any more nightmare fuel thank you very much. I hate being scared and I jump at a lot of things, even if they’re not scary. I also don’t like seeing blood and gore all that much, and would much rather watch a Disney movie, or Harry Potter.

    6.  I never want to have to worry about money.

I want to be able to live comfortably without having to worry about if I can afford things. Of course, at the moment I have it pretty sweet. Living with my parents and not having to worry about anything, but it won’t always be that way. I want to be able to support myself once I move out of home (which I hope to do before I turn 25).

    7.  I never want to get a tattoo.

I’m not even that good at deciding what to order at a restaurant, so deciding what to have permanently inked on my skin would be impossible. Also, I have a very low pain tolerance so it would be absolute hell. If I was to get a tattoo, it would have to mean a really lot to me. I’m not gonna go and get my significant other’s name on my bicep, then later have to cross it out when we inevitably break up. I don’t have anything that means enough to me that I want to permanently display on my body.

And that’s my anti-bucket list. I do hope you enjoyed it!

Do you agree with me? What do you never want to do in your life?


Love, Nicky x

6 comments:

  1. I'm pretty much the same on all these things.

    Abby x

    teenagehomedder.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! We have so muc in common 😊

      Love, Nicky x

      Delete
  2. This is such a good post idea!! However, you really should wach a horror movie!! It's recently become somethingI really enjoy, specially in the cinema! haha

    http://www.dreamsandlashes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've already got an overactive imagination as it is, so there's not much of a chance of that haha

      Love, Nicky x

      Delete
  3. Brilliant post idea..it was about time I saw an anti bucket list. If it were up to me. Being stuck in a room full of pigeons would make my list. Hahahah so funny. I know but somehow they freak me out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Being in a room full of pigeons would be awful 😟

      Love, Nicky x

      Delete