Pages

Saturday, April 8, 2017

I'm Fully Booked


Hi everyone!

I have three assignments due in the next week, so this is one of those last-minute posts that won’t take long to do (me to me: why did I tell them that? Now they’re going to think I’m lazy). I have been focusing on the assignments a bit more than the blog post (obviously) and submitted my first one yesterday (the first of many, yippee). This week, as I am a writing student, I thought I would tell you what is currently on my reading list. I won’t be actually reading them for a while since I have more important things (ahem, assignments) to be spending my time on. However, I do have a week-long break coming up after Easter (yay!) so I might get some reading in then.


You know that post where I told you I was rereading the Harry Potter series? Yeah, well I still haven’t finished the Goblet of Fire, so that is the first book on my reading list. What I intend to do for the time being is to alternate between a Harry Potter book and a ‘new’ book (ie. One that I haven’t read before and am not simply reminiscing over my favourite scenes; eg: “Have a biscuit, Potter.”) so that I have a bit of variety mixed in with my nostalgia. I would also like to take this opportunity point out that for my first assignment, I wrote about how reading Harry Potter changes lives (if you want me to post that let me know, but as a forewarning: it is a bit long).


The next book I intend to read (which may not be for a while) is Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs. I got this for Christmas last year and have heard good things about it, so I am quite excited to read it (even if I don’t get around to it until July). It’s about a boy who is sent to a remote island near Wales, where he discovers a place where peculiar (and perhaps dangerous) children have been held in quarantine for many years. It sounds really interesting and, fun fact, is based on photographs Ransom Riggs found in garage sales and the like.


After finishing that, it is on to the next Harry Potter book: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. That is the one where Umbridge comes along, ruining everything. Whenever there is a scene with her in it, I’m pretty sure I sneer in disgust. That’s how bad she is. I’m pretty sure she’s on par with Voldemort in terms of evilness, if not worse. I think this book is my least favourite of the entire series, not because it is written badly, just because of Umbridge (and *spoilers* Sirius dying).


After finishing that monstrosity of a book (it is bloody huge, as Ron would say), I’m going to read another book that I got for Christmas last year. It is On the Other Side by Carrie Hope Fletcher. It’s a unique story about a woman who dies and her journey into heaven. Only she can’t get through as her soul is too heavy, due to three secrets she has literally taken with her to the grave. She must go back and sort out her secrets to make her soul lighter so she can get into heaven. Along the way, she learns about life and love (and may even fall in love).


Then I’ll read the Half-Blood Prince, which I think is my next least favourite book of the series. It goes without saying that I hate death.

 

Before reading the final Harry Potter book (Deathly Hallows) I will read Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff. It is a book about two exes, who find themselves working together to destroy a deadly thing (I don’t know what it is, it’s crossed out in the blurb). The twist is that it is written entirely in documentation and lists, so it is kind of open to interpretation I think. It should be an interesting read either way.


That is my entire reading list for the moment (which should last me until the end of the decade if I keep reading at the rate that I am) until I get more books. There are a few that are on my radar (maybe I’ll do a post about that soon).

Did you enjoy this post? What books are on your current reading list?

Love, Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment